New Features in ServiceLedger 2012
ServiceLedger 2012 is our most exciting release yet, incorporating a new interface redesigned for speed and ease of use with a variety of features suggested by our customers to make ServiceLedger more useful. This release continues our trend in looking for new ways to help our customers save time and money with ServiceLedger and finding new ways for our customers to increase revenue, decrease costs and improve their profitability.
To find out more about ServiceLedger or schedule an online demonstration, please call us at 940.497.2834 ext 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be happy to help you.
While every new release contains hundreds of improvements, ServiceLedger 2012 has a few great new features that deserve special attention. The feature highlights below can give you a quick idea of what's new and how it works.
- You can now easily choose which columns display on each list:
The following window makes choosing columns fast and easy:
- Lists now remember column sizes and layout and can be reset to defaults easily:
- Item and Task windows have been redesigned for consistency and ease of entry:
- The Dispatch Board now includes a Dispatch Panel that makes daily job tracking easier:
- The Scheduling Filters have been improved for ease of use and automatically show on the month view.
- You can now memorize reports and add them to your favorites.
- You are now able to put Custom Fields into their own dedicated tabs, instead of just the Custom Tab / Custom Fields Window.
Features in Prior Versions
- Redesigned Icons
Create and identify records more easily with updated icons for common things like work orders, invoices, quotes, and payments.
- Improved Navigation
Find what you're looking for easier than ever with our newly redesigned navigation system. Features are broken down into major categories and organized so you can see how they relate to each other. Large icons are easy to see and click quickly so you can spend less time fussing with menus and small buttons.
- Search Lists
Quickly narrow down your customers, items, work orders, and more with our new Search Lists, featuring an iTunes-style search that filters the list down to exactly (and only) the records you're looking for.
- Redesigned Forms
Work more efficiently by using our redesigned forms which keep important information like customer, service site, record number, and status visible at all times, no matter which detail tab you're working in.
Or, make extra space for large lists by hiding all but the most important inforation and using as much of the window as possible to show things like notes and line items.
- Improved Item Groups
Organize your sales items even better by using our newly improved item groups feature to group and total items together. Item groups can be adjusted as necessary and printed on your sales forms.
- Window Navigation
Work quickly with either one record at a time or several open at once. ServiceLedger 2012 pays attention to whether you have your windows maximized or not and opens new windows either maximized to the full screen or at the normal size depending on your current preference.
- The following is a full list of major new features in ServiceLedger 2011.
- Improved Navigation and User Interface makes it easier than ever to find your way around.
- Redesigned transaction forms allow you to look at details while still seeing the big picture of what you're looking at.
- Search Lists make it easy to find exactly the item, customer, vendor, or whatever you're looking for quickly with filtering search.
- Redesigned icons make it easier to tell what's what.
- Redesigned change log makes auditing user changes easier than ever.
- Improved startup and runtime performance mean you spend more time doing the things you need to and less time waiting on your computer.
- New background tasks improve application responsiveness during long-running tasks like updates, backups, and database maintenance.
- Improved item groups make it easier to organize the parts and services you sell.
- Improved dialogs make it easier to update dropdown options and use list status filters.
- Improved commission system allows you to track tech and rep commissions earlier in the sales process to save work later.
- Improved batching and reporting windows allow you to organize your data and process only and exactly what you want to.
- Improvements to the windowing system stop forcing you to open records to the full window and save time by skipping the resize animation even when you do want windows maximized.
- Memorized window positions and history dropdown selection save time by keeping your workspace set up the way you need.
- User-definable maintenance interval allows greater control over automatic processing like work order and quote e-mails.
- Default e-mail messages for manually-processed work order tech e-mails give you more control over how you communicate with your techs.
- Improved keyboard shortcuts make more sense and allow you to use standard shortcuts like Ctrl-C for copy and Ctrl-W to close a window.
- Improved built-in reports make it easier to find more accurate data on your company's activities.
- New toolbar buttons make it easier to work from the Vendor window.
- Improved coordination between quotes and projects makes it easier to track your quotes with project profitability.
- Improved quote conversion window makes it easier to convert quotes to projects, work orders, invoices, and agreements.
- New Quick Find toolbar button makes it even easier to find and use this great feature.
- Imports now incorporate a progress bar for easier usage.
- Redesigned Updater is easier to use and work with.
- Visual improvements improve the look of ServiceLedger on Windows Vista and Windows 7
ServiceLedger 2010 and ServiceLedger 2009 R2 incorporated a better interface, improved inventory, quote, and project management features, and hundreds of customer suggestions. Just a few of the changes incorporated in ServiceLedger 2010 include:
- Reorganized menu structure to focus on ease-of-use and simplicity.
- Overhauled the Project Management functionality by expanding on project invoicing and scheduling, ability to create change orders, expanded functionality for progress invoicing and much more.
- Added the Timesheet Manager to better track resource payroll time including timesheet reports.
- Added the Expense Manager to track resource job expenses including expense reports and expense reimbursements.
- Added the Commission Manager to better track resource commissions including commission reports.
- Added ability to better manage quotes and estimates with grouping options, improved conversion utility tool, global discount/markup calculators and much more.
- New functionality added to the Task Manager that allows the capture and reporting of more task information including actual average duration, ability to multiple quantities of task performed and new reports.
- Third-party billing added to allow you to invoice to third-parties for work performed.
- Added customer alerts to customers to allow alerts to pop-up when creating work orders or quotes for customers.
- New Customer Reminder Manager to manage customer reminders including service follow-ups, expirations and more.
- New and expanded email notifications for work orders, quotes and invoices.
- Improved list view options to allow for greater indexing and sorting of list views.
- Invoice Manager improved with progress invoicing and ability to print AIA Worksheets.
- Equipment Manager added additional meter tracking options, meter billing and a new Meter Billing Window to manage all meter billings.
- Improved job costing on work orders, including tracking job cost expenses instead of items.
- Enhanced scheduling options including more options for maximum scheduled hours and jobs per day.
- Added a new resource for Team Scheduling where you can consolidate multiple resources into a single team.
- Overhauled and simplified recurring work orders allowing you to have one place to manage and edit all recurring work order jobs and schedules.
- Many more smaller features have been added across the application for expanded functionality and/or to simplify ease-of-use of ServiceLedger.
For information about the new features of ServiceLedger 2009 and older versions, please contact our sales team. If you are seeking information about these changes because you are upgrading from an older version, just ask your sales representative and we'll be happy to provide you with any older feature guides to give you a complete picture of your what your upgrade to ServiceLedger 2012 will provide for you.